Donnerstag, 1. März 2007

Talking about....

Love...


...the most wonderful issue in the world to concern myself with!

In my point of view there are - roughly speaking - (yes, I as a scientist always have to classify everything) three types of Love... and I think that we as humans require all 3 types of love for being and existing. One type for itself would bring us only down...

The first type is the "sexual Love": that's the bottom level of love. Many people think that they could do any sexual activity (I do not talk here over sex alone, I talk about everything that belongs to it) without feeling anything... I don't believe that!
A little feeling is always there (just in case both want to relish the situation and in case it isn't about a paid activity) and the more feeling (Love) you allow in this situation, the more valuable it will be. But in principle this kind of Love is fairly often found.

The second type is the "dependent Love": this Love can be either dominant or obedient. It's a fact that both love each other, because they need each other and they can not be without each other. One wants to dominate the other and wants to wield power, the other one wants to be guided, gives control and therewith responsibility away to the other beloved person. You can find that often in unhappy relationships and marriges or defective parent-child-relations. But I don't want to say that this kind of love is "bad" by now! It has definitly something to do with exertion, request and dependence.

The third and highest type of love is the "Love without reservation", the Love we strive for, the divined Love. It just gives without asking anything in return. It's there, unlimited big... it's the gift to love a person in exact the way he is, like he is, to love him because he is. It's also the ability to let off and to bestow freedom. Of course this kind of Love askes an adequate handeling and a certain sense of responsibility. Have YOU ever given this Love to someone in your life? I must admit: I haven't in the pure form, but I would admire everyone who is ready to give so much love... if this is possible for a human person anyway!

In real life there are all sorts of mixed Love-forms to find: motherly-love is a mixture of 2nd and 3rd, to a good friend 2nd and 3rd, Love for a mate comprises all types of Love, Love for any short loose-contact perhaps just 1st.
A nice final citation: "True love hears what is not spoken, and understands what is not explained, for love doesn't work in the mouth, nor the mind, but in the heart..."

My current mood: could be better... many changes in my life make my feel losing ground under my feet. I lose the feeling of security, nothing is steady, there is so much where I have put energie in and now it is melting away like snow in spring... I feel some kind of lost and alone.......

1 Kommentar:

Miss Basilicum hat gesagt…

Wow...
how true! I know what you're talking about, especially now...